[Linux-cluster] any timeline for supporting software RAID?

Lon H. Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 15:12:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 21:28 -0500, Jeff Wasilko wrote:

> Yup, we have a SAN.
>
> > With software RAID (or plain LVM), the general rule is:
> >
> > Do not use a md set or LVM volume group on shared storage *unless* only
> > one node ever assembles that volume-group / raid-set at a time.
>
> Which would be the case when LUNs were being failed over from node
> to node in an active-passive environment.
>
> The docs all seem to flatly state that mirroring and cluster aren't supported.
> Is this something that redhat's support organization is willing to support
> at this point?

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/rgmanager/src/resources/lvm.sh?rev=1.1.2.7&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=cluster&only_with_tag=RHEL46

Big link ;)

Ok, so...

  <lvm name="myLV" vg_name="VolGroup01" lv_name="LogVol01"/>

This looks like an earlier version of the agent, which only supports one
LV per VG at a time.

I've asked the author to write a wiki page on it... My knowledge of it
is pretty cursory.

-- Lon