[Linux-cluster] Failed gfs_grow causing corrupt volume

Ben Yarwood ben.yarwood at juno.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 14:56:06 UTC 2008

I will try and find more information on the errors in the logs but I think the problem was that I was using a 32bit system and tried
to expand over 16TB.  I didn't realize this was the size limit until I read the FAQ afterwards.  Is this the root cause of the
problem?

I now have the file system mounted again and am copying what I can off it by moving the files by name.  So far we have copied over
250GB of files and not a single file has failed to copy or caused the file system to withdraw.  It is fortunate that we knew the
name of every file on the file system.  Not really understanding the structure of the file system myself, do you think it's possible
we will recover all the files using this method?

Thanks
Ben