[Linux-cluster] iSCSI GFS

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Sat Jan 26 05:11:50 UTC 2008

My thread on SSI/VM/Sharedroot got me thinking because of the input some of
you have put into the thread. There is some very valuable information in
there.

In fact, it got me wondering if my FC path might not be the greatest based on
Gordan's (I think it was) input on the subject. I've also seen a few posts
about iSCSI lately. Can anyone shed a little light on iSCSI and what I would
need to give it a try.

Can iSCSI be used to run a clustered LAMP setup which would be as flexible as
FC for growth and management?

Preferably, without having to buy any hardware to try it out :). I've already
got FC gear but it looks like iSCSI is much easier to deal with. I read
somewhere or had found, an open source iSCSI target driver no less.

Perhaps I could put my FC storage to better use?

Mike