[Linux-cluster] Fencing issues

vishnu ckmvishnu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 10:20:50 UTC 2008

Hi,
   Im vishnu, I have some issues while starting my cluster. Im not sure if
my configurations are ok. But then i follow RedHat Docs.

When i try to start services cman, it hangs while starting fencing. The
prompt never comes back. But if i do a CTRL+C and clustat, It looks like my
cluster works fine.

My question is that
1.Why does starting fencing never end sometimes  ( without returning # promt
)
2.Any Noted Reasons for cman or fencing to fail.
3.if i give each node 2 votes in a two node cluster and expected votes=1,
then starting cman on a single node gives error (two_node set but there are
more than 2 nodes).

--
Vishnu,
Developer,