[Linux-cluster] Quota Reporting Tool

Abhijith Das adas at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 17:41:30 UTC 2008

Raman, Pattabhi wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> We recently upgraded our Cluster to RHAS 5.1, since then the quota
> reporting tool work. The command hangs in the middle and does not
> complete successfully. Though quotas are in place, we need to get the
> reporting tools working as lot of our in-house applications that our
> engineers user are dependent on the data.
>

> Any help on this is appreciated.
>

> Regards,
> Pattabhi Raman

Hi,
Can you elaborate on the problem a bit? What specific command hangs? Do
you have GFS/GFS2? Also, can you tell us what cluster/gfs packages you
are currently running?

There is a fix to improve "gfs_quota list" operation coming out in 5.2.
If your list operation appears to hang, that might be the problem. It
used to be really slow without this fix.

Cheers,
--Abhi