[Linux-cluster] Can't create new GFS storage

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 18:35:22 UTC 2008

2008/1/29 Doug Sharp <dsharp at ivytech.edu>:

> You might check that /etc/lvm/lvm.conf has locking_type = 3 as described
> in FAQ #22 here.  It defaults to local locking.
> http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html
>
> Also, I've found that cluster suite components use a variety of IP ports
> for communication, and if you've selected a standard firewall configuration
> you may be blocking them.  For testing, I'd try shutting down the CS
> services (service cman stop, etc), then run "iptables -F" on all nodes to
> flush the rulesets, then restart the CS services on all nodes.  You can
> discover what ports are being used by cluster suite by doing a netstat -na
> before and after this process and compare the ports that are in use, then
> put together a custom /etc/sysconfig/iptables file if you want.
>
> Also, assuming you're using a Redhat-based distro (Fedora, CentOS, RH),
> you can check the status of the CS services with the following rather than
> using "ps":
> # service cman status
> # service clvmd status
> etc.

Chek if multicast is on in the ethernet switch on which the cluster
heartbeat is conencted

also try clustat command
how  about disabling selinux?
(ducking under the table) have you tried system-config-lvm gui tool
there is also a setting in lvm.conf which allows/disallows certain devices
that can/cannot appear as storage checkout the settings

HTH

Regards

Rajagopal