[Linux-cluster] DLM Problem

jr johannes.russek at io-consulting.net
Thu Jan 31 16:30:03 UTC 2008

> > //
> > Jan 31 09:44:45 compdev kernel: dlm: could not bind to local address for
> > connect: -98
> > \\
> >

> CLVM is not the problem, it's the DLM. clvmd relies on the DLM to do
> locking, that's all. As GFS also needs the DLM, trying to get it running
> without clvmd will not help unfortunately.
>
> The bind error needs to be sorted out - as I said elsewhere, nothing is
> going to work until it is. There's something VERY odd about those
> addresses in netstat that reeks of a configuration error somewhere - one
> I've never seen before I must admit!

hm, i recall something where then naming of the nodes wasn't proper,
like the nodes in /etc/hosts were without but in the cluster.conf with
domain and something like that, i think that showed errors quite like
that!
try & check if the nodenames in the cluster.conf are absolutely right
and if you ping those names you get a reply (from the right ip!).
johannes

-