[Linux-cluster] Multipathing, CLVM and GFS

Sajesh Singh ssingh at amnh.org
Wed Jul 2 18:58:12 UTC 2008

Centos 4.6
Cluster Suite

I am currently running a 2 node GFS cluster. The storage is provided via
a fiber channel connection to the SAN. Each node currently has  a single
FC connection to the SAN. I would like to migrate to using dm-multipath
with each node having dual fiber channel connections to the SAN. Can I
assume that CLVM is aware of the /dev/dm-# devices that are used to
access the multipathed devices? Are there any gotchas that are
associated with installing the device-mapper-multipath software after
the GFS cluster is up and running? Are there any howtos available for
this type of setup?

Regards and TIA,

Sajesh Singh