[Linux-cluster] gfs2, kvm setup

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 15:48:28 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 05:51:05PM -0400, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> -	write(control_fd, in, sizeof(struct gdlm_plock_info));
> +	write(control_fd, in, sizeof(struct dlm_plock_info));

Gah, sorry, I keep fixing that and it keeps reappearing.

> Jul  1 14:06:42 piglet2 kernel: dlm: connect from non cluster node

> It looks like dlm_new_workspace() is waiting on dlm_recoverd, which is
> in "D" state in dlm_rcom_status(), so I guess the second node isn't
> getting some dlm reply it expects?

dlm inter-node communication is not working here for some reason.  There
must be something unusual with the way the network is configured on the
nodes, and/or a problem with the way the cluster code is applying the
network config to the dlm.

Ah, I just remembered what this sounds like; we see this kind of thing
when a network interface has multiple IP addresses, and/or routing is
configured strangely.  Others cc'ed could offer better details on exactly
what to look for.

Dave