[Linux-cluster] clustat requires root

Jeremy Lyon jerlyon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 16:04:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

I just noticed that in RHEL 4 clustat could be run by any user and now in
RHEL 5 it requires root.  Was this done on purpose or is it a by product of
the changes of cluster from v1 -> v2?  Is there anything that can be done to
allow a user to run clustat without sudo.  I don't think I want to set it
with the suid bit.

RHEL4:

rhel4:/u/oracle> /usr/sbin/clustat
Member Status: Quorate

  Member Name                              Status
  ------ ----                              ------
  rhel4-2                                 Online, rgmanager
  rhel4                                    Online, Local, rgmanager

  Service Name         Owner (Last)                   State
  ------- ----         ----- ------                   -----
  griddnvr             rhel4                       started
  fibrbase             rhel4                       started
  pcms2                rhel4                       started
  notifprd             rhel4                       started
  qtprod               (none)                         disabled
rhel4:/u/oracle> /usr/sbin/clustat -v
clustat version 1.9.72
Connected via: CMAN/SM Plugin v1.1.7.4
rhel4:/u/oracle> rpm -q rgmanager
rgmanager-1.9.72-1

RHEL5:

rhel5 /u/oracle> /usr/sbin/clustat
Could not connect to CMAN: Permission denied
rhel5 /u/oracle> /usr/sbin/clustat -v
Could not connect to CMAN: Permission denied
rhel5 /u/oracle> rpm -q rgmanager
rgmanager-2.0.38-2.el5_2.1

[root at rhel5 ~]# clustat -v
clustat version DEVEL