[Linux-cluster] openais initscript in RHEL

Laszlo BERES beres.laszlo at sys-admin.hu
Tue Jul 15 08:23:47 UTC 2008

Steven Dake wrote:

> If you intend to run openais as standalone then you want the init script
> enabled.
>
> If you intend to run cman, it will start the openais processes
> automatically as part of it's init script and you don't need to start
> openais with the init script in this case.

Steven, thank you for your answer. Can you imagine that Conga somehow
enables it? Because I could reproduce in a RHEL5.2 environment:
installed two new nodes with cluster components, started Conga, created
a very simple cluster and after rebooting the cman threw the error below:

Jul 14 12:26:36 hurka1 openais[6093]: [SYNC ] Not using a virtual
synchrony filter.
Jul 14 12:26:36 hurka1 openais[6093]: [MAIN ] ERROR: Could not bind
AF_UNIX: Address already in use.
Jul 14 12:26:36 hurka1 openais[6093]: [MAIN ] AIS Executive exiting
(reason: could not bind to an address).

It's clear that openais was chkconfig'ed and started but I don't know why.

--
Laszlo BERES	 RHCE, RHCX
senior IT engineer, trainer