[Linux-cluster] Fencing using iDRAC/ Dell M600

Marek 'marx' Grac mgrac at redhat.com
Wed Jul 30 12:48:30 UTC 2008

David J Craigon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been given the job of getting a box of Dell blades (an M600)
> fencing correctly using the onboard DRACs (which Dell call an iDRAC).
> As far as I can tell, no one has done this- none of the existing
> fence_ scripts appear to do the trick. The command line interface is
> very different from a traditional Dell DRAC.
>
> Has anyone already done this? I'm going to write a fence script to do
> this, but I thought I'd check before I wasted my time.

If it  is possible please use an exisiting infrastructure for fencing
agents (branch MASTER). You can just modify get/set status in one of the
existing (close enough) agents. If you can give me an access to this
device for few hours, I have no problem to write it. If you will have
any questing about writing fencing agents don't bother and ask for help.

marx,
Fence Master :)

--
Marek Grac