[Linux-cluster] apache resource problem in RHCS 5.1

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Mon Jun 2 16:31:59 UTC 2008

Ron Cronenwett wrote:
> Hi Lorenz
>
> I had a similar problem while testing with Centos 5.1 on a VMWare
> workstation setup. One more difference, I have been using
> system-config-cluster
> to configure the cluster. Luci seemed to be giving me problems with
> setting up a mount of an NFS export. But I have not retried Luci since
> changing
> the selinux setting I mention below.
>
> I found if I did not configure SELinux with setenforce permissive, the
> /usr/share/cluster/apache.sh script did not execute. Once that runs,
> it creates
> /etc/cluster/apache/apache:"name". In that subdirectory, the script
> creates an httpd.conf file from /etc/httpd/httpd.conf. I also found
> the new httpd.conf
> had the Listen statement commented out even though I had set it to my
> clustered address in /etc/httpd/httpd. I needed to manually uncomment
> the
> Listen statement on each node in /etc/cluster/apache/apache:"name"/httpd.conf.

Have you checked the SELinux error messages in either /var/log/messages
or /var/log/audit/audit.log (or the output of audit2allow -a) to see
what SELinux policy is being violated?  I'd do that, then bugzilla the
apache.sh script and cite your findings.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 at nerd.com -
- Hosting Consulting, Inc.                                           -
-               The Theory of Rapitivity: E=MC Hammer                -
-                                  -- Glenn Marcus (via TopFive.com) -