[Linux-cluster] qdiskd does not start

Stephan Windmüller stephan.windmueller at cs.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Jun 3 07:11:32 UTC 2008

On Tue, 03. Jun 2008, Panigrahi, Santosh Kumar wrote:

> I got an impression from your mail that you have not started qdiskd
> service.

The service is started from the init script.

> If above is the case then, you have to explicitly start the qdiskd
> service in all the cluster nodes after starting the cman/rgmanager
> service.

I tried that, but after running "qdiskd" as root there is no running
daemon. syslog says:

| qdiskd: <debug> Heuristic: 'ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -c1 -t1' score=1 interval=2 tko=1
| qdiskd: <debug> Heuristic: 'ping yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy -c1 -t1' score=1 interval=2 tko=1
| qdiskd: <debug> Heuristic: 'ping zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz -c1 -t1' score=1 interval=2 tko=1
| qdiskd: <debug> 3 heuristics loaded
| qdiskd: <debug> Quorum Daemon: 3 heuristics, 1 interval, 10 tko, 1 votes

With strace I see that qdiskd reads /var/run/qdiskd.pid and tries to
access this process (which is not running any more). Even when I delete
this pid-file nothing changes.

Regards
 Stephan