[Linux-cluster] apache resource problem in RHCS 5.1

Lorenz Pfiffner lp at xbe.ch
Wed Jun 4 13:31:45 UTC 2008

Hi Ron

Thanks for replying! Your answer gave me some tipps, but none of them worked for me. I don't have SELinux enabled or permissive, it's disabled anyway.

I couldn't make it working with the apache resource. For me it seems quite unstable and it's nowhere really mentioned in any documentation I found. So please, if any RedHat guy is reading this, can
you please improve this feature and put it into the official documentation. For example, why does the apache.sh script change the "Listen" directive? How can I execute apache.sh manually to debug the
resource?

My workaround: I altered the default httpd script and made a script resource. In that case it's working as expected. The only thing that bothers me quite a lot is the relocation time. It takes about
50 to 60 seconds to relocate 5 IPs, a GFS mount and the apache script resource! Is this a reasonable time? On older clusters I remember times around 5 to 10 seconds.

Kind regards
Lorenz