[Linux-cluster] clvmd Falling back to local file-based locking

Peter Haufschild peter.haufschild at dilax.com
Tue Jun 10 10:23:04 UTC 2008

Hallo,
after a reboot I start cman and clvmd and the start success.

3 Blades show's me

[root at blade1 ~]# pvdisplay
    Logging initialised at Tue Jun 10 12:18:56 2008
    Set umask to 0077
    Scanning for physical volume names
  --- Physical volume ---
  PV Name               /dev/sdb1
  VG Name               SATAStorage
  PV Size               4096,00 EB / not usable 4096,00 EB
  Allocatable           yes
  PE Size (KByte)       4096
  Total PE              476906
  Free PE               4842
  Allocated PE          472064
  PV UUID               I2xV9i-8SN7-ifza-CmJA-W6ez-b2cT-OL4gxw

  --- Physical volume ---
  PV Name               /dev/sda1
  VG Name               SCSIStorage
  PV Size               410,19 GB / not usable 3,40 MB
  Allocatable           yes
  PE Size (KByte)       4096
  Total PE              105008
  Free PE               19248
  Allocated PE          85760
  PV UUID               695f63-a0Tv-lEJ9-Xubw-f4We-ymak-TZ0ah4

    Wiping internal VG cache
This are OK.

But 2 Blades show me

[root at blade9 ~]# lvdisplay
lvm2    Logging initialised at Tue Jun 10 12:14:41 2008
lvm2    Set umask to 0077
lvm2  connect() failed on local socket: Verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt
lvm2  WARNING: Falling back to local file-based locking.
lvm2  Volume Groups with the clustered attribute will be inaccessible.
lvm2    Finding all logical volumes
lvm2  Skipping clustered volume group SATAStorage
lvm2  Skipping clustered volume group SCSIStorage
lvm2    Wiping internal VG cache
[root at blade9 ~]# vgdisplay
lvm2    Logging initialised at Tue Jun 10 12:20:13 2008
lvm2    Set umask to 0077
lvm2  connect() failed on local socket: Verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt
lvm2  WARNING: Falling back to local file-based locking.
lvm2  Volume Groups with the clustered attribute will be inaccessible.
lvm2    Finding all volume groups
lvm2    Finding volume group "SATAStorage"
lvm2  Skipping clustered volume group SATAStorage
lvm2    Finding volume group "SCSIStorage"
lvm2  Skipping clustered volume group SCSIStorage
lvm2    Wiping internal VG cache

cluster.conf and lvm.conf identical.

This difference I could see already at boot time, when activating lvm's.

Any ideas?
Thanks for assistance.
Peter

Peter Haufschild
Systemadministrator
DILAX Intelcom GmbH
Alt-Moabit 96 b
D-10559 Berlin
Tel.: +49-30-773092-338
Mobil: +49-172-9909197
Fax: +49-30-773092-50
E-Mail: peter.haufschild at dilax.com
www.dilax.com
Dilax Intelcom GmbH | Amtsgericht Charlottenburg |
96 HRB 28251 Tax No.: 27/23/6233 | ID Nr. DE 136699718 CEO /
Geschäftsführer: Uwe Hinrichsen, Jan Karsch