[Linux-cluster] cman stop failed

Balaji balajisundar at midascomm.com
Fri Jun 13 07:08:02 UTC 2008

Dear All,

  I am using RHEL4 Update 3 Cluster Suite for i386 Architecture and
  my linux kernel version is 2.6.9-34.EL
  I have configured two node cluster
  My nodes are primary and secondary and I am using cluster to
monitoring scripts
  During reboot or poweroff i am getting the problem is cman stop failed
  and I have verified the "/var/log/messages" log file and i getting the
following
  messages
  Jun 12 18:34:13 primary cman: Stopping cman:
  Jun 12 18:34:16 primary cman: failed to stop cman failed
  Jun 12 18:34:16 primary cman:
 Jun 12 18:34:16 primary cman:
 Jun 12 18:34:16 primary rc: Stopping cman:  failed

We are not sure why this is happening. Can some one throw light on this.

Regards
-S.Balaji