[Linux-cluster] Re: gfs tuning

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Mon Jun 16 17:06:45 UTC 2008

Hi Terry,

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 11:53 -0500, Terry wrote:
> Doh!   Check this out:
> The number of inodes is interesting......

I don't see anything unusual about the inodes there offhand.
Since GFS allocates inodes and metadata from the free space,
it's perfectly normal to see "100% used" and "0% free".  It
will allocate new inodes as it needs to.  That just means that
not a lot has been deleted and able to be re-used.

As for performance tuning, did you read the performance tuning
section in the FAQ?  I've added a lot of info to it lately.
The URL is:
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FAQ/GFS#gfs_tuning

Regards,

Bob Peterson