[Linux-cluster] GFS2 nulling larger files.

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Thu Jun 19 14:08:44 UTC 2008

Hi Stephen,

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 20:59 -0400, Stephen Amadei wrote:
> Thank you for the pointer.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't seem to find this code in any of my source trees.  I looking my 2.6.24.7 and 2.6.25.7 kernels and all of the cluster code, but I have no 'zero_metapath_length' function to patch.
>
> I am assuming from the directory tree (fs/gfs2/bmap.c) that this is a kernel patch.  Is there a specific kernel?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Stephen

Ben's patch is against the latest and greatest upstream GFS2 code,
which is in Steve Whitehouse's git repository.  To get that source
tree, which includes a complete upstream kernel tree, you can do
this command:

git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-2.6-nmw.git gfs2-2.6.git

You may have to install the 'git' tool first.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Clustering & GFS