[Linux-cluster] cluster.conf fails to validate

Darrin De Groot d.degroot at griffith.edu.au
Fri Jun 20 00:45:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have noticed recently that my RHEL5 cluster can no longer be managed
through the luci interface - I see the following error:

An error occurred while attempting to get status information for this
cluster. The information shown may be stale or inaccurate.

The odd thing is that I *can* actually update the cluster.conf on all the
nodes through this interface...

I tried to validate the cluster.conf file, thinking that might have
something to do with it:

xmllint   --relaxng    /usr/share/system-config-cluster/misc/cluster.ng
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf

The trailing portion of which showed this:

        <quorumd device="/dev/dm-1" interval="2" min_score="1" tko="20"
votes="3"/>
</cluster>
Relax-NG validity error : Extra element quorumd in interleave
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf:2: element cluster: Relax-NG validity error :
Element cluster failed to validate content
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf fails to validate

Is this relevant?

Does anyone have any ideas? Command line tools (clustat, cman_tool
services|status) all work just fine. The only reason I noticed was because
one of the nodes didn't reboot correctly (dlm took too long to start on
boot, causing the node to not join the fence domain, and therefore all
other cluster services to fail - the nodes just sit there "Starting
fencing"). If anyone has any ideas about this I'd apreciate too.

One other small question - is there any way to query which node is the
current qdisk master?

Cheers,

Darrin de Groot