[Linux-cluster] Disabling cman at boot

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Fri Jun 20 08:42:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, Federico Simoncelli wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I see. I think i would prefer to see the parsing of cmdline done directly by
>> cman/gfs/rgmanager init scripts rather than an extra one.
>
> I agree with you. Adding an extra service is not necessary and we
> still need to patch cman/gfs/rgmanager(/clvmd?) just to check a
> different condition (is /etc/cluster/skip_* present?).

that's also another benefit.

> Anyway my vote is for "nocluster" at boot.

we will need 2 options. One to disable only gfs and one to disable
everything.

> If you think this might be
> okay I could work on the patch tomorrow and post it for feedback.

sure, that would be nice. Please start from the master branch in git (or
grab the latest 2.99.xx release). Backporting is going to be easier once
it's there.

> Do you think we should file a bug and continue the discussion there?

Sure. that's also fine by me.

Fabio