[Linux-cluster] qdisk master

nerix nerix at free.fr
Wed Mar 5 16:10:05 UTC 2008

Hi list,

I have troubles in a samba 2 nodes cluster using qdisk (shared iscsi disk).

I did some "crash test" of nodes (one by one of course), unpluging the network
cable.
When the service provided (samba) and the qdisk master are located on the same
node, the node remaining is unable to get the qdisk master role and the cluster
dead.
When the qdisk master is located on the node which remain before simulate of
crash on the node which has the service. All is working. The service is
relocated on the node remaining.
When I do a test with cman_tool kill -n node, all is ok.

Does the transfert of the qdisk master role need network connection ?

Thanks for reading !
Derrick.