[Linux-cluster] ZEN with GFS

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 21:59:40 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 01:53:40PM -0600, isplist at logicore.net wrote:
> A while back, someone posted about their setting up ZEN with GFS as the
> central storage.
>
> Was that central storage for your virtual machines or because you needed a
> shared data area for the VM's?

You can do either -- that is, you can mount GFS on domain-0 nodes
(physical nodes) and use GFS to host file system images for the guest
machines.

Alternatively, you could also provide GFS to domain-Us
(unprivileged/guest Xen domains).  Rob Kenna wrote a Red Hat Magazine
article about how to do the former, and I've done the latter.

I'm not sure how many people have tried both simultaneously - that is, I
don't know if GFS on the dom0 machines has been used to host a GFS image
on the domU machines; when I did shared-images between domUs, it was on
ext3 on a single machine (dom0s were not clustered).

Maybe others could comment about their experiences.

-- lon