[Linux-cluster] SCSI reservation conflicts after update

Sajesh Singh ssingh at amnh.org
Sat Mar 29 01:03:18 UTC 2008

After updating my GFS cluster to the latest packages (as of 3/28/08) on
an Enterprise Linux 4.6 cluster (kernel version 2.6.9-67.0.7.ELsmp)  I
am receiving scsi reservation errors whenever the nodes are rebooted.
The node is then subsequently rebooted at varying intervals without any
intervention. I have tried to disable the scsi_reserve script from
startup, but it does not seem to have any effect. I have also tried to
use the sg_persist command to clear all reservations with the -C option
to no avail. I first noticed something was wrong when the 2nd node of
the 2 node cluster was being updated. That was the first sign of the
scsi reservation errors on the console.

 From my understanding persistent SCSI reservations are only needed if I
am using the fence_scsi module.

I would appreciate any guidance.