[Linux-cluster] About GFS1 and I/O barriers.

Steven Whitehouse swhiteho at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 10:54:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

Both GFS1 and GFS2 are safe from this problem since neither of them use
barriers. Instead we do a flush at the critical points to ensure that
all data is on disk before proceeding with the next stage.

Using barriers can improve performance in certain cases, but we've not
yet implemented them in GFS2,

Steve.