[Linux-cluster] Lock Resources

Ja S jas199931 at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 21:36:25 UTC 2008

> A couple of further questions about the master copy
> of
> lock resources.
>
> The first one:
> =============
>
> Again, assume:
> 1) Node A is extremely too busy and handle all
> requests
> 2) other nodes are just idle and have never handled
> any requests
>
> According to the documents, Node A will hold all
> master copies initially. The thing I am not aware of
> and unclear is whether the lock manager will evenly
> distribute the master copies on Node A to other
> nodes
> when it thinks the number of master copies on Node A
> is too many?

After reading the source code briefly, it seems that
there is a remastering process, which will be called
when recovering and rebuilding the lock directory when
any node(s) failed. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

> The second one:
> ==============
>
> Assume a master copy of lock resource is on Node A.
> Now Node B holds a local copy of the lock resource.
> When the lock queues changed on the local copy on
> Node
> B, will the master copy on Node A be updated
> simultaneously? If so, when more than one nodes have
> the local copy of the same lock resource, how the
> lock
> manager to handle the update of the master copy?
> Using
> another lock mechanism to prevent the corruption of
> the master copy?

I have not found the answer so far. I may need to read
the source code very carefully. Can anyone kindly
provide any hints?

Thanks again in advance.

Jas