[Linux-cluster] GFS lock cache or bug?

Ja S jas199931 at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 14:28:52 UTC 2008

Hi Wendy:

Thank you very much for the kind answer.

Unfortunately, I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS
release 4 (Nahant Update 5) 2.6.9-42.ELsmp.

When I ran gfs_tool gettune /mnt/ABC, I got:

ilimit1 = 100
ilimit1_tries = 3
ilimit1_min = 1
ilimit2 = 500
ilimit2_tries = 10
ilimit2_min = 3
demote_secs = 300
incore_log_blocks = 1024
jindex_refresh_secs = 60
depend_secs = 60
scand_secs = 5
recoverd_secs = 60
logd_secs = 1
quotad_secs = 5
inoded_secs = 15
quota_simul_sync = 64
quota_warn_period = 10
atime_quantum = 3600
quota_quantum = 60
quota_scale = 1.0000   (1, 1)
quota_enforce = 1
quota_account = 1
new_files_jdata = 0
new_files_directio = 0
max_atomic_write = 4194304
max_readahead = 262144
lockdump_size = 131072
stall_secs = 600
complain_secs = 10
reclaim_limit = 5000
entries_per_readdir = 32
prefetch_secs = 10
statfs_slots = 64
max_mhc = 10000
greedy_default = 100
greedy_quantum = 25
greedy_max = 250
rgrp_try_threshold = 100

There is no glock_purge option. I will try to tune
demote_secs, but I don't think it will fix 'ls -la'
issue.

By the way, could you please kindly direct me to a
place where I can find detailed explanations of these
tunable options?

Best,

Jas

http://open-sharedroot.org/Members/marc/blog/blog-on-gfs/glock-trimming-patch/?searchterm=gfs