[Linux-cluster] When using GFS+DLM, will DLM manage the locks on journals?

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Thu May 15 13:23:10 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 17:27 -0700, Ja S wrote:
> > the
> > has

Hi,

The journals in GFS are special files with cluster-wide locks
("glocks"), so inter-node locking still applies.  IIRC, all
nodes keep a "read" lock on all the journals.  However,
every node is assigned a primary journal and uses that journal
only, under a "write" lock which means there is no lock
contention except during recovery situations where a journal
has to be replayed.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Clustering & GFS