[Linux-cluster] Re: CS5 / About qdisk parameters

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Fri May 16 19:11:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 09:56 +0200, Alain Moulle wrote:
> Hi Lon
>
> Sorry Lon, but it is not completely clear again for me ... :
>
> when you write that default cman timeout on RHEL5 is 5 seconds, you
> mean that the heart-beat timeout is 5s ? whereas each hello message is
> sent every 5s too ?

On RHEL5, the parameters are different - but basically, on RHEL5, the
*equivalent* of the deadnode_timer is "5" seconds by default.

(Specifying other values for it is quite different, however)

> And the totem in cluster.conf to modify it was in my understanding the
> "deadnode_timer" in the cman record ... what is the "token" you mention ?

  RHEL4:
  <cman deadnode_timer="21" />

  RHEL5:
  <totem token="21000" />

> And finally, my would be to set deadnode_timer="21s" for cman and to keep
> interval="1" and tko="10" for quorum disk.

Right. :)  Using the defaults on rhel4 should work wonderfully.

-- Lon