[Linux-cluster] GFS, iSCSI, multipaths and RAID

Michael O'Sullivan michael.osullivan at auckland.ac.nz
Tue May 20 19:25:47 UTC 2008

Thanks Jacob,

Originally we designed a full core-edge configuration with ethernet
switches, but our design algorithms (initially for Fiber Channel) did
not account for the tree structure of ethernet when using unmanaged
switches (this is relatively straightforward to incorporate, but we had
already purchased the network...!). However, we do have two unmanaged
switches connecting the servers to the storage devices so there are two
paths between all the boxes.

Thanks, Mike