[Linux-cluster] what's IBM "Remote Supervisor Adapter II", "power fencing device" & clustering

sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Thu May 29 05:43:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

What's  the purpose of "Remote Supervisor Adapter II" & can it be
used to configure a Redhat cluster?

What's "power fencing Device"?

Can we set up a cluster between 2 RHES (ver 5.1 AP) just by
using one additional network port on each server or do we need
2 network ports per server?  Thought heartbeat link requires one
only or usually the general practice is to use 2?

Without getting additional network port, can we just RSA II port?

Any specific information for setting up Linux clustering for IBM
hardware (x3850 M2 & x3950 M2)  is appreciated

Tks