[Linux-cluster] Re: cman_tool returns Flags: Dirty

Christine Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Fri May 30 07:29:51 UTC 2008

denis wrote:
>> What does "Flags: Dirty" mean? Is it anything to worry about?
>> Google was unhelpful.
>
> Google was sort of helpful after all;
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/cluster-devel/2007-September/msg00091.html
>
> NODE_FLAGS_DIRTY - This node has internal state and must not join
>                    a cluster that also has state.
>

> What does this actually imply? Anything to care about? How would this
> node "recover" from being dirty?

It's a perfectly normal state. in fact it's expected if you are running
services. It simply means that the cluster has some services running
that have state of their own that cannot be recovered without a full
restart. I would be more worried if you did NOT see this in cman_tool
status. It's NOT a warning. don't worry about it :)

--

Chrissie