[Linux-cluster] Limit service restarting times

Juan Ramon Martin Blanco robejrm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 09:56:28 UTC 2008

First of all, hello and many thanks everyone, this list has helped me a lot
in the cluster world ;)

I have configured a 2 node cluster with RHEL 5.2, shared storage and GFS2.
I have configured several services with our company own software. This
software evolves fast because we are in active development, so sometimes
cores are dumped. When this happens, the cluster tries to restart the
failing service again and again...filling the service's filesystem with
cores.
Is there any way to limit the number of retries for a certain service?

Thanks in advance,
Juan Ramón Martín Blanco