[Linux-cluster] Is GFS2 stable for production system?

Arthur Holstvoogd a.holstvoogd at nedforce.nl
Thu Nov 13 19:09:51 UTC 2008

Hi,

In my experience, it is not really. We have been using the 'stable'
version that comes with centos 5.2 and had to upgrade to beta releases
to get it running properly. Now we have some fs corruption we can't
solve because fsck keeps segfaulting. Some of the other tools don't
work either, especially if your mixing versions of the different
parts. (which is to be expected of course)
I guess if your using the latest beta versions it runs stable, but
some tooling just doesn't work properly yet. Might be out specific
case of bad luck, but still...
I'm considering moving back to gfs1 for production.

Cheers
Arthur