[Linux-cluster] Re: [Cluster-devel] PAM and NSS for clusters

Mark Hlawatschek hlawatschek at atix.de
Mon Nov 17 22:58:31 UTC 2008

Hi,

this looks very interesting. I think that a shared /etc/passwd saves a lot of
trouble with user management in a cluster.
Another way to get a shared /etc/passwd and /etc/nsswitch.conf is to use a
shared root cluster. In this case, all configuration files can easily be
shared in a cluster. You might be interested in having a look at
http://www.open-sharedroot.org

Best Regards,

Mark

--