[Linux-cluster] GFS as a service

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 18:50:00 UTC 2008

----- "Mikko Partio" <mpartio at gmail.com> wrote:
| On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Jos Vos < jos at xos.nl > wrote:
| You should (well, for the typical use):
|
| - not put the GFS filesystems in fstab
|
| - enable the gfs service (init script)
|

| Doesn't gfs init script read fstab?
|
| Regards
|
| Mikko

Hi Mikko,

Yes, the gfs init script reads fstab.  It's the "as a service"
qualifier that is confusing.  To clarify: For mounting gfs file
systems automatically, you have two choices:

1. Put your gfs mount points into /etc/fstab and enable /etc/init.d/gfs
   so that it runs at startup.  You can do this on all nodes because
   gfs is cluster-aware, so all your nodes may mount it at the same time.
2. Put your gfs mounts in your cluster configuration (cluster.conf) as
   services, and let rgmanager take care of mounting and unmounting as
   necessary on the nodes where you have the service defined.
   (This may or may not be done via conga/ricci/luci--I always do it by
   hand).

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat GFS