[Linux-cluster] adding volume to cluster

Terry Davis terrybdavis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 17:06:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Alasdair G Kergon <agk at redhat.com> wrote:

> I hope that problem was fixed in newer packages.
>
> Meanwhile try running 'clvmd -R' between some of the commands.
>
> If all else fails, you may have to kill the clvmd daemons in the cluster
> and restart them, or even add a 'vgscan' on each node before the restart.
>
> Alasdair
> --
> agk at redhat.com

Just a sanity check.  I killed all the clvmd daemons and started clvmd back
up.  I created the PV on node A:
[root at omadvnfs01a ~]# pvcreate /dev/sdh1
  Physical volume "/dev/sdh1" successfully created

Node B knows nothing of /dev/sdh1 but it does exist:
[root at omadvnfs01b ~]# ls /dev/sdh*
/dev/sdh
[root at omadvnfs01b ~]# parted /dev/sdh
GNU Parted 1.8.1
Using /dev/sdh
Welcome to GNU Parted! Type 'help' to view a list of commands.
(parted) p

Model: EQLOGIC 100E-00 (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdh: 4398GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name     Flags
 1      17.4kB  4398GB  4398GB               primary

Maybe this is why the pvcreate and vgcreate aren't tracking with Node B.