[Linux-cluster] rhcs + gfs performance issues

Roger Pena Escobio orkcu at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 22:25:00 UTC 2008

--- On Mon, 10/6/08, Doug Tucker <tuckerd at engr.smu.edu> wrote:

> From: Doug Tucker <tuckerd at engr.smu.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] rhcs + gfs performance issues
> To: "linux clustering" <linux-cluster at redhat.com>
> >
> > And reverting back to the Tru64/Alpha system is?
>
> Nope, completely out of drive space on that one.  I'm
> basically stuck
> where I'm at with it underperforming.

did you check if the standalone NFS server also under perform?

just to rule out the cluster layer in the "under perform" equation

if it is not, then a pasive-active configuration for the cluster could give you what you want, but still using GFS filesystem so you can mount it simultaneous on the demand (for backup).

thanks
roger