[Linux-cluster] Re: GFS hanging on 3 node RHEL4 cluster

Shawn Hood shawnlhood at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 17:40:51 UTC 2008

More info:

All filesystems mounted using noatime,nodiratime,noquota.

All filesystems report the same data from gfs_tool gettune:

limit1 = 100
ilimit1_tries = 3
ilimit1_min = 1
ilimit2 = 500
ilimit2_tries = 10
ilimit2_min = 3
demote_secs = 300
incore_log_blocks = 1024
jindex_refresh_secs = 60
depend_secs = 60
scand_secs = 5
recoverd_secs = 60
logd_secs = 1
quotad_secs = 5
inoded_secs = 15
glock_purge = 0
quota_simul_sync = 64
quota_warn_period = 10
atime_quantum = 3600
quota_quantum = 60
quota_scale = 1.0000   (1, 1)
quota_enforce = 0
quota_account = 0
new_files_jdata = 0
new_files_directio = 0
max_atomic_write = 4194304
max_readahead = 262144
lockdump_size = 131072
stall_secs = 600
complain_secs = 10
reclaim_limit = 5000
entries_per_readdir = 32
prefetch_secs = 10
statfs_slots = 64
max_mhc = 10000
greedy_default = 100
greedy_quantum = 25
greedy_max = 250
rgrp_try_threshold = 100
statfs_fast = 0
seq_readahead = 0

And data on the FS from gfs_tool counters:
                                  locks 2948
                             locks held 1352
                           freeze count 0
                          incore inodes 1347