[Linux-cluster] Re: GFS hanging on 3 node RHEL4 cluster

Marc Grimme grimme at atix.de
Thu Oct 9 07:10:27 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 07 October 2008 19:43:07 Shawn Hood wrote:
> And for another follow-up in the interest of full disclosure, I don't
> recall the specifics, but it seems dlm_recvd was eating up all the CPU
> cycles on one of the machines, and others seemed to follow suit shortly
> thereafter. Sorry for the flood!
>
> Shawn

You might want to enable glock_purging. This should reduce or even eliminate
the problems (not sure yet what it is dependent on). But normally to enable
glock_purging (in my experiance) reduces the likelyhood of gfs/dlm freezes.

You are sure you don't have any syslog or console message related to the
cluster before?

--
Gruss / Regards,

Marc Grimme