[Linux-cluster] gfs_grow

James Chamberlain jamesc at exa.com
Thu Oct 9 15:18:11 UTC 2008

Thanks Andrew.

What I'm really hoping for is anything I can do to make this gfs_grow
go faster.  It's been running for 19 hours now, I have no idea when
it'll complete, and the file system I'm trying to grow has been all
but unusable for the duration.  This is a very busy file system, and I
know it's best to run gfs_grow on a quiet file system, but there isn't
too much I can do about that.  Alternatively, if anyone knows of a
signal I could send to gfs_grow that would cause it to give a status
report or increase verbosity, that would be helpful, too.  I have
tried both increasing and decreasing the number of NFS threads, but
since I can't tell where I am in the process or how quickly it's
going, I have no idea what effect this has on operations.

Thanks,

James