[Linux-cluster] RHEL AS 4.7 Cluster : unable to create HP ILO fence device

Xavier Montagutelli xavier.montagutelli at unilim.fr
Thu Oct 9 17:32:06 UTC 2008

ROUAMBA Halidou a écrit :

> Hi , my pote
>
> I just finish installing RHEL AS 4.7 cluster suite on HP DL580 G5
> platform.
> I'm create member node, cluster domain, but i can't create HP ILO
> fence device
> When i click on the OK button the bellow message is send to the
> system-config-cluster line commande:
> *[root at app-db2 ~]# system-config-cluster
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/system-config-cluster/ConfigTabController.py", line
> 1232, in on_fd_panel_ok
>
> *
If you have problem with the GUI, it's easy to modify the configuration
file directly (/etc/cluster/cluster.conf).

1) increment the "config_version" attribute

2) add a fence device :
        <fencedevices>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" hostname="app-db1-ilo"
login="Administrator" name="app-db1-ILO" passwd="orange......."/>
        </fencedevices>

3) modify your cluster node :
                <clusternode name="app-db1" ....>
                        <fence>
                                <method name="single">
                                        <device name="app-db1-ILO"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>

4) inform ccs of the change :
   ccs_tool upgrade /etc/cluster/cluster.conf

After that, you can test your fence device with the command :
  fence_node app-db1

--
Xavier Montagutelli