[Linux-cluster] GFS lockups ?

Marc Grimme grimme at atix.de
Thu Oct 9 19:19:57 UTC 2008

On Thursday 09 October 2008 20:38:43 Janar Kartau wrote:
> Like i said, i couldn't find anything in the logs besides eviction
> messages after i manually reset the server. Yes, we do use PHP and
> sessions which use memcached as a backend.
Don't know much about memcached as a backend but I recall we finally patched
php so it uses flocks (as far as I remember or you can at least configure how
you want to use session-filelocking) and after it apache is pretty stable. No
*D*s any more because of this.

I don't know what the status is with the php patch but I think it's still
somewhere. I need to check back on this.

-marc.

--
Gruss / Regards,

Marc Grimme
Phone: +49-89 452 3538-14
http://www.atix.de/               http://www.open-sharedroot.org/

**
ATIX Informationstechnologie und Consulting AG
Einsteinstr. 10
85716 Unterschleissheim
Deutschland/Germany

Phone: +49-89 452 3538-0
Fax:   +49-89 990 1766-0

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen
Registernummer: HRB 168930
USt.-Id.: DE209485962

Vorstand:
Marc Grimme, Mark Hlawatschek, Thomas Merz (Vors.)

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Dr. Martin Buss