[Linux-cluster] RE: Fencing quandry

Hofmeister, James (WTEC Linux) james.hofmeister at hp.com
Tue Oct 14 17:39:48 UTC 2008

Hello Jeff,

I am working with RedHat on a RHEL-5 fencing issue with c-class blades...  We have bugzilla 433864 opened for this and my notes state to be resolved in RHEL-5.3.

We had a workaround in the RHEL-5 cluster configuration:

  In the /etc/cluster/cluster.conf

  *Update version number by 1.
  *Then edit the fence device section for "each" node for example:

                        <fence>
                                <method name="1">
                                        <device name="ilo01"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
  change to  -->
                        <fence>
                                <method name="1">
                                        <device name="ilo01" action="off"/>
                                        <device name="ilo01" action="on"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>

Regards,
James Hofmeister
Hewlett Packard Linux Solutions Engineer