[Linux-cluster] RE: Fencing quandry

Caetano, Greg Greg.Caetano at hp.com
Thu Oct 16 15:05:13 UTC 2008

As mentioned the version of the ilo firmware caused some issues for cluster admins because additional features/commands were incorporated. This topic was discussed at the Red Hat Summit and a single command of "COLD_BOOT_SERVER" would perform a power off/wait 4 seconds/cold boot the server. This directive was suggested as a replacement for the "HOLD_PWR_BTN" directive in the scripts

Greg Caetano
Hewlett-Packard Company
ESS Software
Platform & Business Enablement Solutions Engineering
Chicago, IL
greg.caetano at hp.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer
RHCE#805007310328754