[Linux-cluster] Avoiding fencing loops with startup quorum (patch)

Federico Simoncelli federico.simoncelli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 16:11:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 5:41 PM, David Teigland <teigland at redhat.com> wrote:
> Here's another possibility I hadn't thought of before:
>
> . don't set two_node/expteced_votes in cluster.conf
> . edit init.d/cman and possibly /etc/sysconfig/cman to do
>  cman_tool join -w        (joins cluster and waits to be a member)
>  cman_tool wait -q        (waits for quorum, both nodes to be members)
>  cman_tool expected -e 1  (change expected votes to 1)

I tried this before but the downsides were:

- long waits due not  being in quorum (fence timeout is 600 seconds by default)
- you have to rewrite the cluster.conf to make it work
- break legacies with distros/systems not using this init script

Let me know what you think about the problems I listed above because
this solution looks much cleaner.
Thanks,
--
Federico.