[Linux-cluster] APC Power switch question

Rodrique Heron rodrique.heron at baruch.cuny.edu
Fri Oct 31 13:27:23 UTC 2008

I just acquired 2 APC Power Switches my self, my servers are dell, so my plan is to use the APC as a primary and drac as a secondary fencingdevice.

My cluster as one interface for production traffic and another for cluster traffic which is a private non routed network.

Can the fencing devices be connected to the production? Or they have to been on the same network for cluster traffic?

Thanks