[Linux-cluster] Monitoring services/customize failure criteria

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com
Wed Sep 10 16:09:50 UTC 2008

Hi
I have managed to sucesfully install and configure a basic failover
cluster that consists of two apache boxes and a vip.

I am still a bit unclear about how/where the cluster software monitors a
resource I have added. I have added a script resource that points to the
init script of apache.

It looks like the gui is clever enough to add a start command to the
apache service, however I am not sure if it would do this for all
scripts, what if I use a custom script that does not require a
start/stop parameter.

How can I customize "failure criteria" for a cluster resource?

Regards