[Linux-cluster] Monitoring services/customize failure criteria

Jeff Stoner jstoner at opsource.net
Thu Sep 11 16:59:42 UTC 2008

Yes.

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#rgm_interval

> I kind of expected a more complex frame work for health checking but
> from my understanding of your reply it seems very simple by just
> requiring the starting script to respond to status requests.

Correct. The script resource is generic - used for when a more specific
resource type is not available. For the developers to build a framework
to do health checking is adding (potentially) a lot of complexity where
it may not be warranted. Simply throw it back on the implementer to deal
with - the KISS principle.  :-)

--Jeff
Performance Engineer

OpSource, Inc.