[Linux-cluster] Enhancing the linux clustering capabilty

Mehul Chadha mehulc87 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 04:58:55 UTC 2008

Hi,
      We are a group of 3 students doing their graduation in computer
science and are interested in contributing to the clustering capability in
linux. We have been reading about dragonfly BSD as a strong contender for
clustering OS's. The 2 notable implementation in kernel space of dragonfly
BSD are the syslink protocol basically which looks after the resource
management in the cluster and hence keeps the cluster glued together and the
cache coherence management which allows a number of processes running in
different systems to have read and write to different portions of the same
file at the same time. We were thinking of implementing the same feature set
in linux kernel . We would be thankful if we can have some suggestions and
advice from your side.

Thanks and Regards,
Mehul